PREMIUM GRADE IE3 premium efficiency motor SUBMERSIBLE SEWAGE PUMPS
The MQ-series of the “TSURUMI AVANT” brand adds an IE3 premium efficiency motor to the premium grade of submersible sewage pumps that Tsurumi makes. With this new series, overall efficiency and energy-savings have been taken to new heights by pursuing greater efficiency in both the pump and motor.
Moreover, to ensure users get what they are looking for, the MQ-series offers 5 types of impellers (Open Channel, Chopper, Vortex, Grinder and High Head) and super wide ranges of specifications featuring 50 to 600 mm discharge bore diameters and 1.8 to 355 kW motor output specifications. Plus, pump installation can be chosen between a WET version that submerges the pump in water or a DRY version that installs the pump indoors or outside the tank using the original closed jacket cooling system with internal recirculation.
Furthermore, MQ-series pumps accordance with IECEx explosion-proof specifications, and can be used in dry pits and other sites.
- Cast iron structure (stainless steel on request)
- Class H electric motor from 1.8 kW to 355 kW in efficiency class IE3
- 50 Hz and 60 Hz versions
- Thermal protection devices incorporated in stator
- Long life bearings (100,000 hours)
- AISI 431 drive shaft (AISI 329 on request)
- Leakage detection system in seal chamber (standard) and motor (on request)
- Two silicon carbide mechanical seals in large oil chamber
- Discharge from DN50 to DN600
- Large free passage declared for every model
- Original closed jacket cooling system with internal recirculation
- Operating temperature up to 60°C (up to 80° on request)
- Explosion-proof (Designed in accordance with IECEx)
Cable gland system with cable holder.
The universal thread ring-nut can be removed to fix a rigid or flexible duct to the cable gland to protect the cable from physical and mechanical stresses.
On request a special resin seal is applied to prevent all possibility of water leaking into the motor even if the outer sheath is torn.
The terminal board, which simplifies electrical wiring procedures, is in an airtight compartment which can be fitted with a leakage detection sensor.
Bicomponent epoxy paint, standard thickness 200 μm (max 400 μm on request)
Ball bearings with lifetime lubrication designed to guarantee 100,000 working hours.
Optional sensors can monitor temperature and vibration to guarantee optimal performance.
Sensor fitted as standard to detect water or moisture in the mechanical seal oil chamber.
Also standard on explosion-proof models.
Two silicon carbide mechanical seals in oil sump and V-rings to ensure excellent reliability even in heavy-duty conditions.
SUCTION and DISCHARGE
The suction and discharge flanges can be ordered with holes of any standard type (UNI, ANSI, BS, etc.) to ensure perfect compatibility with the system and the accessories installed.
CLOSED JACKET COOLING SYSTEM (DRY version)
DRY version available with 4 kW and above.
In 5.5 kW and above of DRY version models, the motor is cooled by a water-glycol mix circulating in a special closed circuit.
The mix is recycled through the pump by an axial impeller rigidly mounted on the shaft and the specially designed steel double jacket which provides the necessary heat exchange between the motor and the external environment.
Thanks to this unique system:
- the cooling mix is always separate from the wastewater in which the pump is immersed and cannot be contaminated even if water leaks into the oil chamber due to wear of the first mechanical seal
- the mechanical seals are installed in an oil chamber separated from the cooling system and can be changed without draining the circuit
Overview of operating ranges
MQB (Open Channel)
- Power1.8 - 355 kW
- Poles2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12
- DischargeDN80 - 600
- Free passagemax 220 x 110 mm
- Max flow rate1600 l/s
- Max head100 m
- Open channel impeller
- High hydraulic performances
- Dense, heavily soiled wastewater
- Sewage treatment systems, civil and industrial lifting
- Power3 - 45 kW
- Poles2 / 4 / 6
- DischargeDN80 - 250
- Free passage-
- Max flow rate244 l/s
- Max head75 m
- Chopper impeller in hard cast iron as standard
- Solids grinding system and anti-fouling hydraulics for virtually unlimited free passage
Efficiency of hydraulics only 3/5% less than that of a normal channel impeller
- Liquids containing large-sized solids which can be broken down
- Sewage systems
- Power3 - 45 kW
- Poles2 / 4
- DischargeDN65 - 150
- Free passagemax 125
- Max flow rate110 l/s
- Max head75 m
- Vortex impeller
- Full free passage
- Liquids containing suspended solids
- Sewage and drainage systems and first rainfall tanks
- Power4 - 11 kW
- Free passage-
- Max flow rate8.0 l/s
- Max head57 m
- Grinding impeller
- Grinding system with three-blade rotary knife
- Wastewater containing solids which can be broken down and filaments
- Sewage treatment systems, civil lifting
MQS (High Head)
- Power4 - 11 kW
- Free passagemax 10 mm
- Max flow rate11.0 l/s
- Max head61 m
- Cast iron multi-channel open impeller
- High manometric head
- Clean, rain and seepage water
- Suitable for applications in agriculture, irrigation and fish farming
The collection and disposal of urban wastewater are of primary importance to safeguard health requirements. These applications require plants designed to serve a large number of users, often in complex, heavy-duty situations.
- Soiled wastewaters with solids
- MQB (Open Channel),
Lifting sewage is a complex problem that demands reliable products, due to the solids present and the high number of starts per hour generally required.
- Unstrained wastewater with large solids
- MQC (Chopper),
Rainwater and groundwater needs to be removed quickly to prevent damage to the community and public and private property.
This has increased the demand for efficient solutions capable of transferring wastewater and rainwater containing not only solids but also pollutants and abrasive substances.
- Wastewater with solids and dirt from first rainfall and yard sluicing tanks.
- MQB (Open Channel) with large free passage,
Industrial processes require reliable, efficient pumping systems and equipment to guarantee high performance and prevent unplanned stoppages.
Systems of this kind may involve high heads, explosive liquids or environments contaminated with chemicals and corrosive substances, brine or process waters and high temperatures.
- Sewage and process water
- MQB (Open Channel) with Molib-techTM,
stainless steel or bronze impeller if required
Agricultural wastewater lifting is one of the toughest challenges, due to the complexity of the operating contexts. The liquids for transfer are often heavily soiled and dense, containing filaments which require chopping before discharge into the main drain leading to the sewer.
- Soiled wastewater with solids and fibres
- MQU (Vortex),
Water features and irrigation
Irrigation and theme park water pumping can also pose serious difficulties, due to the high pressure required and the potential presence of sand and suspended particles. Motors operating at high rpm with long duty cycles and particularly hard-wearing materials are needed.
- Clear or slightly soiled wastewaters
- MQS (High Head)